Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Week 3, Assignments 1-3

I read the Neal Wyatt article and listened to the Nancy Pearl podcast. Here are my responses to the three conversations:

Conversation 1

 I would recommend Tales of a Female Nomad: Living at Large in the World by Rita Goldman Gelman. It's a travel narrative from a female perspective. There are vivid descriptions of the many exotic and unique places the author visits as she gains personal insight on a journey of self-discovery. It offers a lot for a book group to discuss.

Conversation 2

I'll go old school with this one and recommend Anne Rice's Interview with the Vampire series. They are considered the classics of vampire lit, and they are darker and more erotic in tone than the Twilight series. They are engaging, hypnotic and suspenseful.

Conversation 3

I would recommend Endurance: Shackleton's Legendary Antarctic Expedition by Caroline Alexander. It's the riveting true story of Ernest Shackleton's 1914 attempt to cross Antarctica.  Shackleton and his crew struggled to survive for 20 long months after their ship was stranded in ice. This gripping historic tale is an epic survival story you won't be able to put down.

No comments: