Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Week 8, assignments 1-3

I read the two articles and watched the E-Learning video produced by the State Library Resource Center. The four genres I chose are:

Travel Narratives

Most of these are located with the travel books, ranging from 910-919. A good one to recommend is The Sex Lives of Cannibals by J. Maarten Troost (919.595T).

True Crime

Most are in the 364s. Ann Rule is tremendously popular, so I'll use Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors and Other True Cases (364.1523R) as an example.

Medical

Located in the beginning of the 600s, depending on the specific topic. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot (616.027S) is a great book to recommend.

Essays

Humorous essays are my fave, and most are located in the 814s and 818s. Like other David Sedaris titles, Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls (814S) is a book I can't recommend enough. The audio versions, read by Sedaris, are even better.

No comments: