Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Week 7, assignments 1 and 2

I looked at the Prezi created by the Lawrence Public Library on what to read after The Hunger Games. It was very clever and informative. I also read two of the articles: The Next Big Thing: Adults Reading Teen Literature and YA Comes of Age. The articles were very interesting. I have found myself more and more frequently giving teen books to adult readers. Many James Patterson fans reserve and read his YA material without ever even realizing they're reading YA. Fans of the Twilight series and The Hunger Games trilogy certainly don't mind that they're catalogued YA. John Green is a huge hit with adult readers; I've given An Abundance of Katherines and The Fault in Our Stars to many adults. I've been giving teen books to adults long before The Hunger Games came along: I've been recommending Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy to adults for years now.

No comments: